Friday, September 19, 2008

The Greatest Thing

Being in love with someone who loves you in return must be the greatest thing in the world. But finding this kind of two-way love is a pretty tricky business.

If it could be attained by hard work, I'd gladly put in a lot of 18-hour days. But sometimes it seems that the harder you work at love, the less chance you have of finding it.

Love comes more easily by half measures. I've loved more than one guy who hasn't felt much of anything for me. & the reverse situation can be flattering & embarrassing at the same time.

Love in half measures may be better than no love at all, but not much better.

None of the usual rules hold true for love. You can't demand it, or plead for it or explain all the reasons why it will work. Oh, I've tried these tactics, but without success.

Someone said that finding happiness is like catching a butterfly. The faster you run after one, the harder it is to catch. But if you just sit very quietly & wait very patiently, one may alight on you.

Love's that way, too. You just have to wait patiently & quietly, believing that love will come, & someday, when you least expect it, it probably will.

I should know. It came unexpectedly six years ago.

As I looked through numerous photos we've taken, I can't help but smile. It brings back happy memories.

That's not to say we didn't have hard times. I'm glad we didn't give up when the rest of the world told us to.

I don't know what the future holds for us. I guess we'll see... I'm just looking forward to more adventures with you! :)
















Happy anniversary darling. You're my pillar of strength. *muaks*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so schweeeeet.

i cannot tahan. hahahaha.

:P

kian_shen said...

wahh.. i'm jealous :p

Crystal said...

emo J!! LOL...

kian shen, jealous? hard to believe. hahaha...