Thursday, September 18, 2008

Admit it - it Helps

When I called him, he almost immediately said, "You sound kind of down today. Is anything wrong?"

I was taken aback. Now why was that?

Was it because he was right (he was) & had invaded some private territory of feeling that I wanted to keep to myself?

Was it because I was ashamed to be feeling a little down?

Probably both.

There is something in our society that teaches people that it is wrong to ever be anything but happy. If you feel gloomy, dejected, downcast, or discouraged, don't let anyone know. It's almost as if it's is some unspeakable disease.

Well, it isn't. We all feel it. & we get over it a lot quicker if we admit it & talk it out with those who care.

You were right, you know. I have been upset. I'm glad that you care, that you want to know about it & cheer me up if you can... Know that I will do the same for you :)

No comments: