Thursday, May 28, 2009

If You Want To Be Happy, Be.

I'm getting used to the lifestyle here, and if I had the money, & no other commitments back home, I don't mind staying here for awhile longer.

Today I went for a "Graduation and Beyond" session organised by the student services and it was a pretty good session. (I must say, the Student Services in UQ is one of the best ever :D). Then I went for lecture, had Subway by myself, got myself a regular mocha from Bar Merlo, went to the library, then headed for tutorial. And I'm happy.

"Me-time" is always good. And you know what I learned today? We are not happy because of our circumstances. We can choose to be happy despite our circumstances. We are as happy as we make up our minds to be. So despite the fact that finals are looming around the corner, despite the fact that I have tons to study in a limited amount of time, despite the fact that I'm going to miss the people that I've come to know here (and come to love), despite the fact that I'm bound to experience reverse culture shock, I'm gonna be happy... for now anyway.

2 comments:

Robbstar said...

hey! ur me time sounds fun!

me-time's are fairly fun... let's u enjoy your own company.. in a way... sitting at some park seems much more tranquil.. LOL

Crystal said...

Yes! Me-times are fun!

Depends on where you are too! :)