Thursday, February 5, 2009

Only imagine

Yesterday was like any other day. Until I received an sms telling me of a friend's younger brother's passing. He was only 23 years old.

I don't know his brother personally. But I went to the wake service tonight, to support his family in this time of grief. From the amount of people that turned up, & the testimonies, he must've impacted many lives. And tonight is only the first night. I have a feeling there'll be more people tomorrow.

When I offered my condolences, I could see tears in his eyes. I can only imagine what it's like to lose a brother so young. So sudden, unexpected, abrupt, and without warning.

Life is fragile. We are fragile. And nowadays it seems that death isn't just a rumour to the young anymore.

God called you home. We may say it's too early, but God's ways are higher than our ways, His thoughts higher than our thoughts. There is mourning here on earth, but much rejoicing in heaven as He welcomes His son into His arms.


There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8


I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
2 Timothy 4:7


Rest in peace Markus Ng.

*Updated*
Markus wrote something that really touched me and I want to share it here.
What a rare mixture of youth and maturity.

What is success, if not without the possibility of failure?
Acceptance, without rejection?

Living entails making decisions; choosing implies uncertainty; uncertainty, risk.
What is success if not without the possibility of failure?
Acceptance, without rejection?

To live necessitates the triumph of hope over apprehension.
And what is hope? My hope is in dying to live.
Death I fear you not.
In God I trust.

Markus Ng
October 7, 2008

No comments: