Friday, August 14, 2009

Ignite My Fire

I miss lifegroup. I miss J8. You guys have taught me so much, about love, about friendship, about life, about God, about servanthood, about leadership. Some of you are younger than me yet you are matured and well-grounded in the Word, I've learned so much from you all. You choose to make time for church, lifegroup, AND prayer meeting, I am truly blessed to have known every single one of you. I pray God will continue to use you guys to impact more lives, just as you've impacted mine. Just something to ponder on:





Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been so busy. I'm finally getting around to finishing my resume. Grandpa's getting better. He doesn't need to go for an angiogram. Thank God. At his age, he moves slower, gets things done slower, and gets tired easily. Whenever needed I have to fetch him to the hospital. He's been pretty nostalgic too. He tells me stories of his younger days, and I listen, for maybe the seventh time. Just today when we were having lunch, I realised he used to finish his food before I do, but now I finish my food first. It's getting harder for him to chew 'tough' meat. When I was younger, he used to drive me around in the Wira. Now it's my turn to drive him around. He used to take care of me, now it's my turn to take up that role, and care for him. God help me, I can't possibly go through this alone.

During this time Chin Tuck has been the most supportive and loving boyfriend I could ever ask for. I tell him things I cannot tell anyone else, and I know my secret's safe with him. (Yes, we have talked about marriage. But no, we're not getting married in the near future. Stop asking.) Yesterday he handed me his credit card, even though my dad already gave me 2. I looked at him and before I could even ask or say anything, he said "Just in case. You don't even need to call me or anything before you use it". He even wanted to buy me a Coach handbag after I said I liked the design. I had to stop him from doing so. He couldn't be any sweeter :')

Today's his birthday. I suggested we go to Maredo's since he loves steak. I want to make this special after everything he's done for me.

No comments: