Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pain

I visited my paternal grandpa last week. Something I should have done sooner. His hip bone got detached or something. So now he can't walk and he has to be in a wheelchair. An operation would be too risky for someone his age.

(In Cantonese)
Bro: You know who this girl is??
Grandpa: -_-"........ She's your sister lor...

My grandpa still remembers me! LOL. His memory isn't as good, and sometimes he says stuff that doesn't make sense. He mumbles too, so he has to repeat himself a couple of times before we get what he's trying to say.

His appetite is really good. We arrived right after he had his lunch, but he could find space in his stomach for two mandarin oranges and popiah we brought. Even thought he's in pain, he hasn't lost his sense of humour, though occasionally he would stare at nothing. It pains me to see him like this.

This got me thinking. Would my children care for me? Would my grandchildren love me? What would I be like 60 years from now? Probably dead.

No comments: