Friday, November 21, 2008

Thankful

On Sunday, the girls & I went to Harbour Town (which took about an hour or more to reach by public transport) for some retail therapy. Little did I know that a storm would hit Brisbane. The worst storm that Queensland had experienced in more than 20 years.

The funny thing was, I didn't even know that a storm had hit Brisbane when I came back (the storm was in a different suburb), until a few days later. The only thing I knew was it was raining heavily the night we came back.

Phuong (who is all the way in Vietnam, mind you) messaged Hwai Li & I to ask if we were ok. & we were like "Storm? What storm?" Then we looked it up online & was shocked to find all the pictures... Trees uprooted, roofs blown off, people wading in knee-high waters...





I am thankful. God took care of me, & I didn't even know.

No comments: